Friday, March 6, 2009

Bottle to Sippy Cup Transition - Day 2

Another day starts with ....Madness!! As soon as she wakes up hungry and sees a sippy cup again! I brush her teeth and she had breakfast. She drank her water from a S.cup . She had lunch and snack. She also emptied the juice from a S.cup.

That evening after my DH returned from work, my husband's idea was to try a little chocolate milk in a all new sippy cup. We opened the Playtex varitey (as shown in the picture above) and first made her sip the chocolate milk without the lid on...and my DH holding the cup in his hand. After she liked the chocolate milk taste and knew where the milk was coming from , we then closed the lid and gave away the s.cup. At first , she was hesitant again! My DH then left the S.cup on a table and we all pretended that we were'nt paying attention. Its now she picks it all by herself and gulps down some . Wow!!! Mission accomplished for the day!!

She then had her dinner and then she fussed a little as she missed something to sip on. When I offered her the s.cup with the choc milk, she refused ( i guess she was too sleepy at this time and didn't want any milk) and fussed a little. She finally fell asleep after I patted her. I guess she got up once / twice in the middle of the night and didn't fuss when we gave her the s.cup . But she drank very little milk.

The second night was better than the first. I could catch up with my sleep. She relatively did well. She had her milk and is drinking out of the S.cup!! :-)


Also Check out -





Other Posts you might be interested in :



No comments:

Post a Comment