Friday, January 29, 2010

Review : The Princess and the Frog


I have kids 4 and 2 who love Dora, Diego and Caillou on TV. They loved Nemo. Basically they are fans of animation , music and dance.

We went to the movie on a weekday and surprised to find only us in the theater. It was my son's birthday and we thought it would be fun. Me and my husband got bored halfway through it. The "Frog" part of the movie was bit more than expected. That kinda went overboard! I thought there would be magic , princess etc... but only for a little while. The story was OK.

I didn't like the movie at all. I usually enjoy all these fairy tale kinda movies...with adventure , action, magic and fantasy. I had a huge collection of video tapes when I was a kid. But this movie didn't appeal to me at all! It was such a bore and waste of money. Its a good idea to rent it out rather than going to a theater.

On the other hand, my kids were glued to their seats though and seemed to enjoy it. My 2 yr old daughter munched on popcorn all along and was quiet .. something that's very rare :-)

Over all I would rate it 3 stars outta 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment