Thursday, December 17, 2009

Your Skin's Best Friend in Winter


With such a chilly weather outside its natural for the skin to look pale, scaly, itchy and dry. My both kids have eczema and I have severe finger dermatitis. In the sense - my skin on the fingers becomes very dry and sometime so dry that the constant itch makes it bleed. That leaves a burning sensation and sometimes I feel I cannot bend my fingers. Hence a doctor friend recommended me to moisturize a lot and put on gloves when its cold outside.

I found this 'Eucerin - Intensive treatment PLUS ' take care of the eczema problem of my kids, my hands and my husband's dry skin problem. It is a bit expensive .. but works as good as any prescription treatment.

In fact Cream works better than lotion. Of course it doesn't spread easily. So I take a little amount warm it up by rubbing in between my hands and then put it on the skin. While applying ... you may feel its not sticking too well. But after a while it becomes greasy and skin absorbs it.

Typically apply it before you hit the sack .. soon after a nice bath. If you think mornings are a rush for you .. doing some kinda routine at night will help you to stay asleep and at the same time .. keep your skin moisturized and soft. So even though you forget to put on a moisturizer in the morning, your skin will still forgive you :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment